Thursday, February 9, 2012

Innocence

It has been an historical couple of days.  I will relieve the reader of my so called "depressing" life for a moment.  Prop 8 was overturned! I can remember sitting in my office after work last year when Prop 8 was overturned the first time.  I sat in my office (door closed) and cried!  That was before I had fully come out to everyone and started making changes in my life. 

As part of that this quote was very telling to me in the response of the court:

Proposition 8 serves no purpose, and has no effect, other than to lessen the status and human dignity of gays and lesbians in California, and to officially reclassify their relationships and families as inferior to those of opposite-sex couples.

I am that many people get to be treated equally, and that this precedent set by these circuit judges will positively affect numberless other decisions in the future.  I post this picture below to show that if we had the innocence of a child, humankind would not be in such a messy predicament.   Enjoy your day and remember to be childlike!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment