Saturday, April 28, 2012

Magnanimous

Number 26

Do you know any magnanimous people?  By this I mean, are there individuals in your life that feel like nobility, larger than life......given their "supposed status"....they attempt to influence things for their benefit only?  I have encountered a few of these people in my life and they are the most difficult people to associate with!

I find that these individuals are extremely self-centered, focused on their possessions and always want to be obeyed (level of rightness).  Here is what I have done to adapt to these individuals, and not to allow them to take over my presence and influence my actions:

1)  Just listen to them, listen to them with great attention....they feel validated
2)  Do not become a close friend to them, hold them at a healthy distance
3)  Give them positive feedback as often as you can....again they look for validation
4)  Challenge their need to be obeyed, or always right.  Show them that you have rightness according to your standards and things can work within both frameworks
5)  Encourage them to see things from another viewpoint.
6)  Love them, they are insecure.

It has taken a while for me to get to this point with these individuals.  They are misunderstood and just need love.  I hope with all of the changes that I have recently experienced in life and those that are coming....that I will be able to follow my own guidance.  Putting things into practice is the hardest thing to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment